What is Teeth Whitening?
Having whiter, brighter teeth is one of the top priorities for people who want their smiles to shine. Professional teeth whitening is one of the best ways to remove discoloration and stains. Some people do not achieve the results they want from consumer-grade teeth whiteners, and thus professional whitening is a great solution.
Dr. Saracino recommends teeth whitening for people who have stains and discoloration caused by:
- Age-related thinning of the enamel, the outer shell of your teeth
- Smoking that results in a build-up of tar and nicotine on the teeth
- Food and beverages that contain natural or artificial dark pigments
- Medications that are known to discolor the teeth
- Trauma that causes the body to repair the tooth with additional dentin, the darker layer below the outer enamel
Benefits of Teeth Whitening by an Orthodontist
Having Dr. Saracino and her staff whiten your teeth has many benefits, such as:
- Easy process
- One treatment gives consistent, long-term results
- Achieving the greatest improvement possible
- Whiter, brighter smile after just one treatment
Preparing for Teeth Whitening
If you are considering teeth whitening, contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Catherine Saracino. She will examine your teeth and advise you as to your options for teeth whitening. You may not be a good candidate for teeth whitening if you have:
- Natural tooth color or discoloration that is brown or gray
- Certain dental appliances, such as caps, veneers, fillings or crowns
- History of trauma that has discolored your teeth
- Prescribed medications that are known to discolor the teeth
Recovery from Teeth Whitening
Your teeth may be sensitive after your whitening session, and Dr. Saracino can recommend a special toothpaste to help reduce the sensitivity. For most patients, the sensitivity subsides over time. In order to prolong the effects of teeth whitening, you should avoid smoking, as well as food and beverages that may stain your teeth.
Now Offering Philips Zoom Whitening
Unlock a smile up to 8 shades whiter in just 45 minutes with Philips Zoom Whitening. Get outstanding results with little to no sensitivity.
Why choose Philips Zoom in-office whitening?
When you choose in-office tooth whitening, stronger whitening ingredients are used to safely complete your treatment. The result? Instantly brighter teeth, with little to no sensitivity.
What are my in-office whitening options?
Philips Zoom QuickPro:
- Great option for a noticeably whiter smile
- Can be done at home or in-office
- Takes around 30 minutes
Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed:
- For people who want rapid results
- Only done in-office
- Takes around 45 minutes
Contact us for more information on Philips Zoom Whitening!